Friday, January 14, 2011

Lil' Smokies Recipe

So last night I hosted a Pampered Chef party for some of my girlfriends (that's why I was MIA!). Gotta love a night out with friends! And of course one of the best parts of these parties is the food J  

I had a few packages of Lil' Smokies in the freezer that I bought with coupons a few months back, (2 points for the Pantry Challenge!) so I decided to do something with those. Yummm...nothing says party like a pot full of Lil' Smokies ;) These are a perfect appetizer and they’re great for potlucks as well. They are super easy to make- just throw the ingredients in the slow cooker and come back a few hours later. And everyone loves them, so it's a win-win.

Lil' Smokies
 2lbs approximately Lil' Smokies (mine were only 14oz each but no worries. There was just extra sauce)
1 cup grape jelly
½ cup mustard
1 ½ tbsp packed brown sugar (optional)*
½ tsp Worcestershire sauce (optional)*

Turn a slow cooker to high. Make the sauce by mixing all the ingredients except the smokies, straight in the cooker. (The jelly will be a little chunky now, but as it heats up it will melt and incorporate with the sauce) Add in the Lil’ Smokies and toss to cover them in sauce. Cook on high for 3 hours or on low for 5 hours.
*I made this recipe my own by adding a few more things. Mostly because I’m not good at following directions ;) but it turned out great. I considered adding hot sauce so you could try that if you like. Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Did you like what you read? Leave me a comment and tell me your thoughts!